Canucks Black Hills Dualsport Ride in September

Started by mark96, September 05, 2012, 05:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark96

Posted the same thing in intros....not sure if anyone reads intros so I posted here too.

Hi All,
New to the forum but not shiny. 58 and riding since my teens. Live in Winnipeg, Canada. Currently have a 2008 KLR and a 2001 KDX220. Have owned somewhere around 70 bikes over the years. Lost count. During the mx days I went through a lot of bikes!
Haven't ridden much in the last year cuz my back has been giving me some grief. Sitting at the computer is the WORST, so gotta be kinda brief.
I was directed here from a thread I started in advrider. Was looking for advice for 4 guys on stock KLR's for the middle of this September. I see that we are just going to miss your gettogether.

Anyway... wondering what areas/trails would be appropriate for us. We are going to be doing about 5 day rides out of Keystone. A mix of stuff would be nice with some easier dirt trails included (as 1 of the 4 is a newbie)
I've heard that the Deerfield area might be good for us.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Lonesome Dave

Hi Mark, its great to have someone here older than me, welcome to our little group.  Couple of places to check on rides in the Deerfield area are both the June 21-23, 2012 and Sept. 13-16, 2012 Rally threads.  The spring rally has lots info on the planning threads and also has posted tracks after the rally.  A lot of the riding was in the Deerfield area.  Just look around a little.  Also, there is some info in the planning thread of next weeks rally.  I don't know if there will be time before you travel here, but again there will be tracks posted after the rally.  That will give you some info to start.  There's plenty of guys here that have great ideas on where to go. LD 
Older - Wiser - Faster !