News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

cool bridge and a question

Started by Fletch, September 25, 2012, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

found this bridge today at work:

very interesting (and long) old bridge. still in use and actually not too bad of shape. As I was standing inteh middle of it looking down the river, which is very low, I got to thinking....

can you ride down a river bottom? It's a navigable waterway when it is full, but if it is empty is the riverbed still open to public use? is so can I ride up/down it?? just a thought
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

JoniJo

Just an opinion......GO FOR IT!!!!  Sincerely, Joni   8)

JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Lonesome Dave

Is  that the bridge over the Cheyenne River east of Buffalo Gap? Or, in other words, where's the bridge!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

it is over the cheyenne ( I think?) but it is up off hwy 34 just West Of Bridger

Hank

Ripping along a dry river bed sounds like a LOT of fun.   Legality be damned.

Lonesome Dave

I looked it up, its over the Cheyenne.  I'd be afraid of "quicksand" or unseen "sink holes."  There's always water running below the surface, its just a matter of how far below.  :-\
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 25, 2012, 10:46:39 PM
I looked it up, its over the Cheyenne.  I'd be afraid of "quicksand" or unseen "sink holes."  There's always water running below the surface, its just a matter of how far below.  :-\

we would go slowly of course, to avoid such hazards ;)

Bogus Jim

It looks like the Four Corners bridge. Unbelievable, how wide the riverbed is there...

Fletch

Quote from: BogusJim on September 26, 2012, 10:48:23 AM
It looks like the Four Corners bridge. Unbelievable, how wide the riverbed is there...

It is, it looks impressive in the pictures, but is even more so in person..

greatbuffalo

Not sure about South Dakota state law but in other areas the law read something like this. If the low water remains permanent the abutting land owners boundary follows the water line. If it is temporary, it remains bounded at the high water line.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

numb41

FWIW, I would beg for forgiveness, rather than ask for permission.  I'd go for it.