the DDSR Music thread.

Started by Sportfaller, January 26, 2012, 09:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Sportfaller

(Highway to the) Danger Zone.   8)
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Osnabrock

I came across this video a number of months ago but the coming season has rekindled my desire to watch it.  It features music from one of my current favorite bands "The National" and features motorbikes so here you go.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

Osnabrock

Since this thread started with mention of alt rock, I thought I'd post a link to a video of one of my favorite alt-rock ladies.  Folks older than I will recognize the song as an Anne Murray song. 
The lady singing this time is one of my favorites, Kathleen Edwards.  She'll be in town in a month.  I can't wait.
Enjoy

jacin theis

That is great. Ilove her voice.

You might like this too. Merle and Jewel, the studio version really gets me, but this live version is really good too.
I will admit, i went to see jewel with my wife for a basically acoustic show in Rapid a few years ago. I am sold on her, if they would let her record like she performs, i would buy her albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InD6Mlu98CI&feature=related
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Osnabrock

Good one.
Man, those older songwriters really know their craft. 

Osnabrock

Here's an interesting cover.......

The harmonies near the end are awesome.  They popular groups of the last 20 years seem to be pretty weak on harmonies in my opinion.
I don't know if it's right to place this in anything but it's own entry but talkin' about harmonies...................no better song or band for harmonies. 

Osnabrock

One of my other passions is 78 RPM records.
NOT VINYL. 
One song per side, usually.  Buried in everyone's basement.  Well worth discovering.
Here's a few that got me started about 7 years ago........for your listening.

Don't discount "ancient" media.

Bogus Jim

Kinda of a twangy country sound from this South Carolina band. I read they were on Late Night, but I didn't catch it. Cute video, there's still a kid in all of us I think.

grubbie

I wrote this one a few months ago, decided to see if I could make a video. Disclaimer.....may be offensive to liberals!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paWBir1tvMM

Lonesome Dave

Wow, I'm surprised.  That was great!   And better yet, now we will have entertainment at the spring rally!  I can see it now, big ol sign on the road next to "Fish n Fry"   Welcome to the DDSR Rally featuring, "Grubbie."  This going to be big, the rally will grow people from all over the country will come, will have a dual sport rally and music festival.   ;D     
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Rob that was great!   Thanks for making my day :)

Sent from my mobile Commodore Pet

jacin theis

I like that a lot too! Guess the Fender shirts were for more than show... ;)
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Bogus Jim

Really nice acoustic work on this track. Almost as good as Rob.  :)

My Swedish is not very good but I'm pretty sure she's singing about two-stroke jetting.

grubbie

Hey!!! That is me!!! Im the guy with the long hair on the right. I wear it a little shorter now. And a different color. And Ive gained some weight. And Im not that good looking any more, etc.