News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Introduction - Jon (younixguru)

Started by younixguru, March 26, 2012, 05:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

younixguru

Hi all, just a quick intro.  I am probably the "odd" one on the site, I am a flatlander (live in Sioux Falls).  I am pretty new to Dual sport riding, I am a 20 year recovering Harley Addict!  I love this class of motorcycles and plan to stick with it!  I am selling my BMW F650GS Dakar and looking and maybe moving to a v-strom or even a KLR ( i know its not bigger).  Anyway I look forward to maybe attending some rides in the hills, I go out there 5 or 6 times a year and at least a few on the bike. 

numb41

Hi Jon,  There's lots of flatlanders here.  On a more serious note, why in the world would you want to SELL YOUR DAKAR!!!!! 

younixguru

I love it and all, just kinda want something different.  I ride it every day since its been so nice.  Looking to get something a little newer maybe.  Great bike though!  It was a bit windy on the way home from work tonight!!

greatbuffalo

Welcome Jon,
I too am in the flatlands 65 miles to the West in Mitchell. Great bunch of guys in the group. Maybe as we get more of us East River guys we'll have to plan more local rides.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

The Yeti

Welcome Jon!  Is your handle a ref to Unix?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

Quote from: younixguru on March 26, 2012, 05:48:24 PM
v-strom or even a KLR

Welcome Jon!

Can't go wrong with either of those bikes!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

JoniJo

I live in Omaha. Flatlander too. Welcome to the DDSR. You'll love the people!!!!!!   8)   JoniJo
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

jacin theis

Glad your here. Will you ,make the spring rally. It will be my first, and it soudns like ti is usually eventful.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

Hi from another Eastern SD flatlander!  Hope to see you in June.  Welcome!

plumber mike

Is there any riding out in the flatlands? enough to gather out there? The hills are wonderful but would like to do something different. Maybe the badlands of ND?

Anyway- Welcome Jon

I think the V or Wee would be good for more highway, and the KLR a better choice to throw down on trails, but that Dakar falls right between the two.

An ex Harley guy might like a Dirt/Sportster (like RTWDoug on ADV)

Hank

The ND badlands might be really fun.. maybe some of our No-dakkers can chime in.

I posted a few eastern SD pics (Lee's pics) here:

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=868