Introduction? This stuff requires me to write?

Started by Zippopotamus, March 29, 2012, 09:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zippopotamus

Hello, fellow motorcycle enthusiasts!

A couple people here on the forum already know me, Lonesome Dave and greatbuffalo (who just so happens to be my dad). I'm new to motorcycle riding, but have had experience working on them with my dad over the years. I'm 20 years old and currently going to college to work on the machines you people are crazy about. Yup, I mean motorcycles. So far I love it. You guys who are going to be at the Bike show on April 14-15 will have the chance to see a bike my entire class (yes, including me) build over the course of this year- a bike that won the Chopper Class Challenge at this year's Donnie Smith show in Minneapolis. That bike will be taken out there by my instructors and a few of my classmates.

I, however, have recently acquired a 1990 Kawasaki KLR 250 that needed a bit of work (and some customization, of course). I'll be towing her to the Bike show alongside my dad's bikes instead of tagging along with my school.

Can't wait to get out there and meet some of you guys.

PS: Shout-Out to Lonesome Dave: Get better, man. I'm sure you'll be well enough to attend the Bike show. :)
I couldn't think of a signature; is this good enough?

greatbuffalo

I'm glad you took the plunge man.

I think you guys guys will like this guy. He's a lot quiter then I am. I think he'll fit in nicely.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Welcome to the forum.  I'm anxious to see the old KLR.   LD  8)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

plumber mike

Welcome- I look forward to meeting you at the show. I'd like to hear more about your school. If I can cut in class then I won't cut class :D

C U soon