News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The Tiger died in the Hills

Started by greatbuffalo, August 28, 2012, 12:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I was out here for the weekend riding and visiting Lonesome Dave. Had a great weekend of riding. today I went up to Spearfish to ride a couple of Urals and had some fun. I left The dealer and the Triumph seamed to have a hard time starting so I unplugged all my gadgets and made for Sturgis for fuel. After filling up, I climbed aboard to fire it up and Nothin! Just then, the charge light came on. I assumed stator. Got the bike jumped and headed for Dave's place of employment to hatch a plan. We ascertained it to be the stator so I rode it up to his place, The Lonesome Dave Hotel and my wife was enroute with the trailer to pick up my sorry Triumph riden backside. Now I have a job to do.

Thanks Dave and Lisa.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Was able to assist a Quebec couple, she on a BMW 1200 GS with a bad clutch. We ran into them at a rest area on our way home. Was able to assist them in making contact with Sturgis BMW and thing things going so they can swap her slave cylinder. And I thought my problem was bad. 
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

jacin theis

sorry you had issues while you were here. I was tired up with visitors all weekend doing family stuff. Didnt get any riding. Glad you made it home in the end.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS