News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Companies to avoid

Started by Robmicgrn, June 08, 2016, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robmicgrn

This was brought up at some point before. I stumbled across this naughty list today. If you follow the link to the page, you can also find the "Nice" list.

http://xladv.com/topic/628-what-companies-should-adv-riders-avoid-doing-business-with/

This should be fun to watch  :evil
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Robmicgrn

And yes I am guilty................ However, I have printed the list and will take a look when its time to order more "stuff"..............

ryani

Sheesh. I guess ill have to learn how to make everything.
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Bogus Jim

I'm going to print the list as soon as I buy another box of printer paper.

greatbuffalo

I mean, really. You can find something in every company you don't like. I guess I can't do business with any store that sells any of these products either, cause that would be colusion.

You know I get it to a point but I get alot of my stuff used, should I not buy a used Big Agnes? Or should I vet the folks I buy it off the see the stuff they support? If I took the time to vet every product I buy, household, work, play or whatever, I would have no time at all.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

A lot of these companies I've never even heard of.    Of course I have a Sierra Design tent, and a Camelbak (that one is disappointing), and I'm sure numerous other things from numerous other offenders.   Adidas for sure (also disappointing).   

I'm not going to burn the stuff, or lose any sleep over it, but going forward I WILL choose a Klim hydration (or something) over a Camelbak, same for the tent, same for the stores (no REI for me).

I really can't see giving my hard earned dollars to organizations that want to end my favorite hobby, especially when there are alternatives like KLIM and MSR that not only don't want to end my hobby, but they are actively working to grow it.

Hank

Oh and I just bought a pair of Salomon hiking boots too.  I really like them too, so that sorta stinks!

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Hank on June 09, 2016, 06:20:55 AM
A lot of these companies I've never even heard of.    Of course I have a Sierra Design tent, and a Camelbak (that one is disappointing), and I'm sure numerous other things from numerous other offenders.   Adidas for sure (also disappointing).   

I'm not going to burn the stuff, or lose any sleep over it, but going forward I WILL choose a Klim hydration (or something) over a Camelbak, same for the tent, same for the stores (no REI for me).

I really can't see giving my hard earned dollars to organizations that want to end my favorite hobby, especially when there are alternatives like KLIM and MSR that not only don't want to end my hobby, but they are actively working to grow it.

Well said Jason! I too will be a bit more conscientious with future purchases. Where we live, I do not think we see the impact that a lot of the tree hugger groups have on our open spaces. Way out west, and even Colorado, keeping areas open to motorized travel is a constant battle.