News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hello to DDSR........

Started by Robmicgrn, March 15, 2012, 10:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robmicgrn

Hello to all!
I live in Black Hawk SD. Have been out of the bike/dirt game for about  14 years (starting a business and starting a family) but am now back in it with the wifes blessings  : )  (or at least until I break something) All of my riding/off-road  experience has been in CA ,NV and AZ. I have both a street and dirt background with a good deal of time spent on both from a teenager to my late twenties. Spent a lot of time in the desert, fast stuff, yet I have deficiencies with the really tight technical stuff and hill climbs (it's probably even worse now with the extra padding). Past DS rides have included XR's and KLR's. Settled for a 11' KTM 530 xc-w after contacting old riding buddies and seeing what they were riding. I am a big fan of XR's just could not find one to my liking and too impatient to wait. I have been just drooling to get back out on the trails and reading the DDSR blogs with pictures and videos doesn't help  : ) . I am plated simply to get from trail head to trail head, but I have no problem with pavement in the hills. Spent a bit of time on RZR's this last summer with the family (wife and two grade school girls) got a good taste of the BH trail system and had a blast......... I will often head out by solo in familiar territory but usually don't wander off alone in new areas. I do not need much of an excuse (really no excuse if schedule allows) to get away during the week or weekends to see new areas and ride with others. If you're going to head out for a ride let me know. I am definitely going to be at the spring rally with the toys, but hope to get in lots of riding in before then, and work the bugs out of the new bike.....

Hope to hear from the group and start riding with some of you soon!
Robert

"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Welcome to the group.  They're a great bunch of guys and gals.  You should have plenty of others to ride with this season.  I live just over the hill from you off of Nemo road.  I travel back and forth through there alot in the summer and often ride that way home from work via trails.  Another one of your neighbors is called "BlackHawk."  He usually hangs out in AZ in the winter but should be back soon!
Look forward to meeting you.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Sportfaller

Nice to meet you Robert, there us a group going to the badlands to ride on sunday if you are interested.

Sent from my smarter-than-I-am phone.
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

sam i am

Quote from: Robmicgrn on March 15, 2012, 10:29:24 PMSettled for a 11' KTM 530 xc-w after contacting old riding buddies and seeing what they were riding.

Jealous...that's the bike I've been looking at getting for a while now!  If you ever get buyer's remorse, I'll certainly take the 530 off your hands.  I'm anxious to hear your impressions on the big thumper when you've had some seat time.

And welcome, Robert!  Hopefully this weather holds out so that we all can get a good jump on the riding season.